Welcome to the 'Challenge Hursty' Blog!

The Adventures so far!

Sunday 5 October 2008

2008 Great North Run for the RNLI ~ 1hour 58mins 4secs ~ £2,291 raised for the RNLI

The RNLI Crew ~ L-R Andy Gunby, Neil McGill, Chas Myers
This is the run that kicks off my RNLI fundraising, and what a kick start!
The atmosphere was amazing and although it was a lot tougher than I expected I managed to come in under my two hour target time of 1 hour 58 minutes, finishing 11,617th out of 52,000 runners... Which I'm really pleased with :-)

You can see my full results here:-
http://nikeplus.nike.com/nikeplus/emea/v1/race/index.html?datapath=/nikeplus/emea/v1/race/race_run/en/great_northern_run/&lang=en#/graph?user=10159
I'm even more pleased, in fact overwhelmed by your generosity! I'd ambitiously hoped to raise £1,000 for the RNLI but as you can see from the results above we've more than doubled it! Thank you so so much!!!
All funds raised will be going to the Abersoch lifeboat station to help maintain its presence... I trust you feel as I do that this is your money well placed!
Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment