Welcome to the 'Challenge Hursty' Blog!

The Adventures so far!

Sunday 17 May 2009

2009 Great Manchester 10km ~ 48mins 31secs! (£625 raised for the Isaiah Trust)

What a fantastic day! I'd optimistically hoped to get under 50 minutes but ran a new personal best of 48 minutes 31 seconds which I'm chuffed to bits with (beat my time from last year by 4 minutes)! I came 3,707th out of around 33,000 runners :-)

You can see my full results here - http://www.nike.com/europerunning/grs/index.jsp?runner=736749&rid=122

The girls were in full voice in support and it was great meeting up with the rest of the team afterwards who all ran well!
 Also met up with my brother Kev & his wife Bev who ran the run for the first time and had a family beer with them afterwards to round off a great afternoon!

My aim for this run (as well as getting a good time and have fun doing so!) was to raise much needed funds for the Isaiah Trust, thanks for helping me to raise another £625 towards their life changing work! 

D :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment