Welcome to the 'Challenge Hursty' Blog!

The Adventures so far!

Sunday 5 April 2015

2015 Pwllheli Sprint Triathlon ~ 1:26:45

My third outing at the Pwllheli Sprint Triathlon and as on previous occasions and against the weather forecasts, the sun shone brightly on the day! 
This time I was joined by my wife Karen (swim), Sister-in-law Bev (bike) and brother Kev (run) as ‘Team Hursty’ and my nephew Kieran bravely tackling his first Triathlon…
With my daughters Zoe & Lucie cheering from the side lines it turned into a real family affair!

Really pleased with my times and splits which at 1:26:45 were my best so far at this event  J

The pool swim at 9mins 50 was better than expected with no real hold ups. T1 transition fairly smooth. A really good bike ride of 44mins 37 secs averaging 17.5mph over the course which includes the steep climb out of Pwllheli and another smooth T2 into the run where I soon regained my legs and got into a good stride to do a fairly respectable 27mins 20secs.

The best part as always was the well-deserved post event beer in the sun on the terrace of Pwllheli Sailing club!  J

No comments:

Post a Comment